Your Facebook Page acts as a platform for current donors and potential donors to connect with your organization or Charity. Globally, people spend more than 50 minutes a day on Facebook. That’s a lot of prospect to get your non-profit organization in front of new people, which is especially important if you’re trying to improve individual donations or a fundraising event.
Using Facebook to reach out to donors is free, powerful, and it works. Here are 3 tips you can use and why it’s so important to start using them:
Number of followers of your charity, online audience reach can limits your fundraising goal.
Growing your social media following is a lot like building online contacts for your charity. Why is this important? Its important because, the amount you hope to raise online is limited by the amount of online contacts or followers you have. So, you can easily reach to your followers for raising money for charity.
So what are a few ways you can start growing your following today?
Using Facebook Events for your Charity
Does your organization or charity host in-person events to raise money? Whether it’s for raising money, provide services, or to rally for a cause – you should start making your events on Facebook.
- Facebook uses their unique logic which automatically find and tell individuals about the event of your charity if they’re nearby and potentially interested to join – especially if they have friends with same interest.
- When somebody attends your event on Facebook (or is planning to), it will share that information with their Facebook contacts.
- People planning on attending will receive notifications for reminders related to the event, which will improve overall event attendance.
If you want to make an impact, have a give-away for event attendees but make liking your page a requirement. This will incentivize them to do so and since they’re already attending your event, it’s something they wouldn’t mind doing.
Fundraising at an in-person event? Missio™ is mobile-friendly, allowing you to raise money wherever you host your event!
Curate Engaging Posts
Eye-catching posts are ones that receive many likes, reactions, shares or comments. The more engaging post is will get identify more by Facebook, it as being important, to improve your organic reach. this will help you get your content in front of more people and that helps you to raise money.
Here are some tips to keep in mind the next time you’re creating your next post:
- Its important to tag your friends or group of friends or a organization with your event . Mentioning someone in your post increases chance to get shared and improve your audience reach.
- When you are posting your content to Facebook its important to post imagery or Video or info graphics are always winner then plain text. Posts that have a pictorial element gets more engagements then any plain text.
- Running a great contest? These gets more share than any other, this alone is an extremely effective approach for generating new page likes and will eventually put your organic reach in the 5-figure range.
Do a Peer-to-Peer Campaign
If you want to grow online individual contributions and improve your presence on social media, peer-to-peer campaigns are the answer. They endlessly see success because you get the best of both worlds of both online fundraising and social media.
They work together so well for many organizations or charity have the potential to do the same for yours – you just need the platform to do it.